We need your help!
Volunteers are the heart of our organization and essential to our work. Each year our volunteers give a collective 10,000+ hours both in-shelter and out-of-shelter. Our staff and volunteers partner together to form a vital team that’s essential to carrying out our mission to promote the health, care, and adoption of these animals. There are many important roles that you can fill to help animals in need. For safety’s sake, all volunteers need to be 18 or older.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A comprehensive orientation focused on safe animal handling.
- A cat/dog mentor program with fellow volunteers.
- Additional training opportunities on topics such as clicker training (for dogs and even cats!) or helping fearful dogs.
- Books and articles on animal sheltering developments.
- Social media engagement to recognize volunteers and share successes.
- Confidential volunteer surveys.
- A bi-weekly newsletter.
- Volunteer appreciation events.
To provide consistency for the handling of our dogs and cats, we require a commitment of two hours per week for at least six months. Volunteer shifts are scheduled from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in two-hour increments. Volunteers work every day of the year, in all weather conditions. Please understand this is an expectation of your commitment.
It depends on the role. Please review the various roles about. Each one indicates how to learn more information or apply.